- Open a Google Doc
- Rename it with your name and “Vocab Quiz”
- Share it with me.
In your doc, I want you to define the following tech terms in your own words. Do not use the Google Doc built in features for definitions. Your answer needs to be from the dark recesses of your own noggin.
You will be graded on:
- Using complete sentences
- Sharing it with me before you begin the assignment
- How silently you complete your work
- How little you complain
- How well you follow these directions
There is to be no talking or sharing answers.
This quiz is not a test in the truest sense of the word. It is a check to see what you already know pretty well and what we need to focus on learning for the rest of the year. Computers are everywhere in our society, and it is critical that we understand the terms that are used so we aren’t left behind in the digital age.
In your definitions, even if you can’t quite explain it, give me an example that might demonstrate that you know it. Define the following terms as they relate to computers:
- Refresh the page
- Shut down
- Log out
- Click and drag
- Flash Drive
- Give me three examples of search engines.
- What is the function of the “undo button, and what does it look like?”
- How does a bookmark help you?