Hello, Middle School, this quarter, our chapel offerings are going to missionaries serving in Puerto Rico. Below are links to videos about the family. Please watch them in order because I think they’ll make more sense that way. You may have seen them already, and that’s okay. Each video will have questions that follow. Please answer them in complete sentences.
- Open a Google Doc
- Rename it with YOUR NAME and “Missionaries”
- SHARE IT WITH ME
- Continue to the videos below.
- How did the family hear the Lord’s call and make the decision to go into the mission field?
- Have you ever heard the Lord call you to do something, either small or big? What was it? Did you answer the call?
- If you answered no to question 2, what call do you think God might place on your heart, whether it be a career or being kind to a neighbor?
- Name two challenges the family faced when moving to Puerto Rico.
- Would those things be a challenge for you, as well?
- What would be the most difficult part for you?
- What is the main focus of this segment?
- What was the hardest for the family members to let go of?
- Have you ever been in a similar situation?
- What would be the most difficult for you to let go of? Why?
- What is culture shock?
- How did the family experience culture shock?
- Have you ever been out of your comfort zone? When? Why? How? And how did you handle it? Five sentences.
- How did Princepe de Paz feel about the arrival of the Reusch family?
- Have you ever had a prayer answered? Is there something you are praying for currently that I can pray with you over?
- What are some things that the family is learning?
- Who was blessed more – Principe de Paz, or the Reusch family? Why do you think so?
Food for thought.
Imagine yourself in a different country and culture. What would be the hardest thing to get used to? What would you look forward to the most?