So here’s some cool news. Virtual Reality (VR) is becoming, well, a reality. In the last couple of months, VR has made its debut at several tech conferences.
Facebook did a demo showing that two people, thousands of miles apart, can work together like they were in the same room.
Read this article here: technewsworld.com This is the ONLY website you have permission to visit.
You may watch the 4 minute video, but do not watch any of the suggested that follow, or you will lose video privileges.
After you have read the article and watched the video:
- Open a Google Doc.
- Share it with me. For real. This is the second step. If you don’t share today, you will get a zero. No excuses. Title it something to do with virtual reality.
- Answer the following questions.
- What is Virtual Reality?
- What does the article say has to happen before REAL socializing can take place?
- What does the article say computers are NOT good at?
- Why does the article say that Facebook bought Oculus?
- What does the article say is a danger of VR?
- In your opinion, is Virtual Reality a good idea? Why or why not? Answer in at least three complete sentences.
- Take the poll at the right of the page – how interested ARE you in virtual reality? What were the results of the poll?