Hello, FLS students! This next assignment is a really fun one. You get to come up with your OWN research project. Today your goal is to come up with a topic.
- Think of some things you really enjoy or are interested in. It can be almost anything that is appropriate for a Christian school. Do you love video games? Animals? Music? Is there a super-hero you would like to learn more about? Pick something you aren’t already an expert in. The goal is to learn something cool.
- Open a Google Doc. Title it with your name and the word “Research.” Then share it with me before you do anything else. If I don’t get it, I can’t give you a grade.
- In the document, make a list of the top three things you would like to study. Then raise your hand to let me know you have done this.
- Show me your list, then choose your favorite. Highlight it on your document. Once your topic is approved, you are almost ready to begin your research.
- If you are in 1st-4th grade, Make a list of at least 5 things you would like to know about your topic that you do not already know. If you are in middle school, make a list of 10 things. We will be spending a few weeks on this assignment. If you finish the first day, you will have to start over with a new topic the next week. If there aren’t 10 things you would like to know, you should pick a different topic.
- Once you have your list, write them on your document as a list of questions. Yes or no questions and one word answers should be avoided where possible.
- You may begin your research.
The only search engines you may use are the following:
KidRex – choose “Kid”
You do not have permission to play games at this time, even if your topic is a video game. This time is for research and learning facts.
8. Answer the questions in paragraph form on the same document.