In just a couple of weeks, we will be hosting GermanFest at school. Let’s take some time to learn a little more about Germany.
Germany For Kids. You are invited to explore the site, but please stick to Germany. No globe-trotting this week!
National Geographic – Fast Facts This is a single page. Please don’t click through to other countries today. We’ll visit them during another class period.
Kids’ World Travel Guide – Germany Facts This is another single page. No peeking at the other countries!
Oocities Welcome to Germany
Now I want you to answer some questions from these websites. When you answer each question, please list which website on which you found the answer.
- What are some of Germany’s most popular foods?
- What are some popular games and sports in Germany?
- On which continent is Germany found?
- Name three countries that border Germany.
- Who are some famous Germans in history? What did they do? Name three.
- Why is the Autobahn famous?
- What is the German currency (money) called?
- What is the official name of Germany?
- What is Germany’s leader called?
- Name two major events from German history.
- Share two other interesting facts that you learned from these websites.